Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What is the best way to care for potted lilies?

I bought them two about a month ago and they had blooms and buds which all bloomed. Now, they have nothing. The stalks are very green and they take water well, but I can't plant them in the ground because I have an apartment...I'm stumped! I'm not really sure what kinds they each are, one had orange blooms, the other had white and pink. They get afternoon/evening sun and water everyday. Hopefully they will be able to survive in the pots, but I guess I'm not sure...If anybody has any tips for me on what I should be doing, that'd be great!

What is the best way to care for potted lilies?
They will eventually wilt. They are a perenial. You can cut the foilage off at the soil base when they wilt. They only bloom once a year. Plant them in a bigger planter than the one you bought them in. Put them in a closet for the winter. Get them out after the dormant season, place them in the sun and they will start all over again only bigger because they multiply.
Reply:They are done for this year. Let them stay in the pot outside this winter and they will return next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment