Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why are my Asiactic Lilies dying?

I planted some Asiatic lilies 4 days ago and now its seems that the leaves are all falling off or very dry looking. We have been watering the flowers regularly. I covered them with mulch to give it a better appearance. Could this be the reason that my flowers are dying?

Why are my Asiactic Lilies dying?
1. you buring the root ball too deep.

2. not enough sun.

3. Bad soil.

4. i dont know how you planted them.. but some poeple pour fertilizer in the hole when planting... this is a bad idea. although i dont know if you did this or not.
Reply:you may have LILY beetle

there are red bugs and the only way to get rid of them is to squash them or put them in methylated spirits.

look for them early morning or early evening ,they can soon decimate lilies


No comments:

Post a Comment