Friday, January 27, 2012

Anybody care to give feedback on duck boat camo???

i've talked about this before....but all the more the better...i hunt the pool above lock and dam #13, mississippi river..16 foot flatboat..there are areas of lily pads that pretty much rot away after first good frost..what i plan on doing is hunting open water with an ok spread out..my boat is painted camo and i want to find a camo net to cover my boat and self with...keep a low profile....a lot of guys have big boat blinds they stand in, vegetation wrapped around the boat..i just feel from a ducks eye view a low profile is better..i'm wondering what colors net and boat should be...most are sage brown or green..the water is usually black/greenish..you think a blackish net and boat would fool ducks...never seen anybody do it.??

Anybody care to give feedback on duck boat camo???
bright red is best. (ahhh, I love the little duckies) oh well...I also believe in the right to hunt. Black might stand out more than the green that blends in with the surroundings. Get a can of spray paint and mix some browns or something in it to mottle it. Solid black would be too stark I think. (I used to hunt)
Reply:I'm no camo expert, k, but think that rather than trying to mask your boat to look like the water make it look like some nearby natural vegitation....a reed stand, a tree, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment