Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I prevent insects from laying eggs in my aquarium?

I have an aquatic African Clawed frog that just turned 4, and I've never had a problem with insects in his tank before. Now, in the last two weeks, I've had fly and gnat larvae in the tank at two separate times. My frog had a fake lily pad floating on top where I found the fly larvae, so I took that out and completely cleaned the whole tank. Now I've just discovered gnat larvae on the top edges of the tank just above the water line and I have to clean it again. Is there any way of just preventing this from happening? Is there a reason that this is happening now when it never has before? Thanks for any help.

How do I prevent insects from laying eggs in my aquarium?
just cover the lids so the bugs cant get in
Reply:Get a fish that loves to eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment