Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Black bugs eating lilies?

In my backyard pond, I have lots of lilies(well 2 plants, but a lot sprouting from them). There are these very small, little black blugs that seem to be eating them. They are under the water, and when I fish them out with a net, they are very very small, almost like they could slip through a small hole in the net. They look like mini worms, are black, and wriggle around. I'm just wondering what they are, and how I can prevent them from eating my lilies!

Black bugs eating lilies?
I am not sure is you are discussing water lillies or lillies growing in water - I have both and they are two separate plants. The mosquito dunks or perhaps some fish in the pond is one solution, if you have regular lillies in the water (as a semi-submerged issue) then give us more information and I will try it again - but try the options above and the notes on the link and see how that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment