Sunday, January 8, 2012

Asiatic Lily Plant?

I have a few Asiatic Lily plants in pots used to decorate an indoor water feature. The blooms are nearly expired and they're looking pretty sad (still green though). I really hate to throw them out but was wondering if they would survive if I planted them outside in Zone9B? Is it too hot? If so, should I cut them back and would they regrow in the container?

Asiatic Lily Plant?
Asiatic lily plants are really hardy. You can cut the roots and all folliage at the the base and nurture the core in shallow water until new shoot emerge. Then replace the plant in a deeper water of about 2' and leave in the sun. All Asiatic lily can tolerate the sun.
Reply:I found some great tips on this site.

www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/hor...

art

No comments:

Post a Comment