Monday, January 23, 2012

How can I keep the water clear in my artificial pond?

It's not algae - it's a muddy brown color. I need to keep the dirt in the bottom for the lily pads, so I know some brownish color is to be expected. But this is the color of chocolate milk.

How can I keep the water clear in my artificial pond?
I think you have a animal stirring the pond up overnight looking for insects or plants to eat, otherwise the water sediment would have settled on the bottom by now. The water should not be muddy right through all the time.
Reply:there are some water clarifiers, i'm not sure how big your pond is , so if it's big it will be pricey, but it could be and animal like the other answerer said. maybe try putting chicken wire or some other kind of mesh over the pond and see if the problem doesn't go away on its own because the animal couldn't get into your pond.

opera music

No comments:

Post a Comment