Friday, January 20, 2012

I have a peace lily that is looking strange?

It used to produce really lovely white flowers, about 5-10 at a time, and now they are all green. They aren't withered, all the foliage looks good, and I haven't done anything different that I am aware.



I keep the plant indoors, in a well lit room, though it is not in a window. I am in TX with less than perfect air conditioning, it gets hot in here at times. I try to water once a week.



I transplanted it into a bigger pot about 2 months ago, but the change in color of the blooms didn't happen till a few weeks after this. About 2 weeks before I noticed the color change, I cut a couple flowers off the plant for a bouquet.



Is there anything I should do to tend this plant so it stays healthy? Can I get the pretty white flowers back?



Please help, this was given to my family on the occasion of my mom's funeral in December. It has done fine since then, so I was presuming it had a nice long life. Since I still have grief issues, this would be kind of a hard plant to lose.



Thanks

I have a peace lily that is looking strange?
The flowers are trying to go to seed, but since it is inside they were probably not pollinated and won't produce seeds. Cut all of the spent flowers off to for new flowers. When a plant goes to seed, it doesn't need to produce more flowers, because it thinks its procreation job is done. have fun
Reply:it's normal for the flower to fade to green as they age


No comments:

Post a Comment