Sunday, January 8, 2012

Peace lily repotting?

I was given a peace lily in smallish pot (about 12' diameter), about a year ago. It lives usally in my dorm room and sometimes i admittedly go a while without watering it, i usually wait to see some drooping to water it as to not overwater. The tips do go brownish but thought this may be from the chlorine they put in our water. It has recently just sprouted about 5 flowers, and is very bushy. other than that nothing special, i never fertilize or anything like that.



However i want my plant to get very big so i was thinking about transplanting it to a bigger pot with new soil. Will this cause it to get bigger? Or will it do more harm than good. I was planning to get a very big pot so i dont have to transplant for a few years.

Peace lily repotting?
I have grown many peace lilies. It's easy to repot just don't get a pot too big, about 2-4 inches bigger. Put new potting soil in leaving about 3 inches in bottom. when you remove plant put the tight roots out a little so they can spread. Yes this will help the plant get bigger.

I hope this helps
Reply:Peace lilies will get as big as the pot they are in. I want mine small, so I keep it in a small pot, my grandmother has a huge one, I would guess the pot is appx 2ft. the lily grew to take up the entire pot.

If you're concerned about over watering, get a pot with a reservoir at the bottom and put the water there. When it dries up, add more water.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment