Friday, January 6, 2012

Water based flowers?

My wedding is in May and I was thinking about having a small centerpiece on the tables and I wanted a real flower in a bowl of water. Are there any flowers besides water lilies that will survive a day in only water? (my colors are blue, yellow and white if that helps at all, but any suggestions are welcome)

Water based flowers?
Almost any flower in the florist trade will do well floated in a bowl for a day or two, including roses and camellias (though may is late for most camellias). Talk with your florist about what you want and they should be able to find something. It doesn't need to be aquatic.



The major concern is how fragile it is. As long as it holds together and doesn't shatter, it will work fine.
Reply:I would suggest gardenias- they smell great and do well in a bowl of water. Other than that, orchids will look good and hold up well.


No comments:

Post a Comment