Sunday, January 8, 2012

What should I know about my calla lily?

I received a calla lily for Mothers' Day, and having "killed" one before, I would like to get some pointers on what specifically to do with it. How often to water it, where to put it in my house, and if it needs to be deadheaded, fed, etc. Thanks in advance.

What should I know about my calla lily?
Zantedeschia is one of the beauties of the world. The upturned trumpets are 6 - 9 ins long and are borne on upright stalks above the arrow shaped leaves. The rhizome is planted 3 ins deep in compost filled 6 ins pot in autumn or winter for early summer flowers. Water sparingly at first and then liberally when growth starts. Reduce water after flowering - start into growth again by more liberal watering in autumn. Outside planting site: moist, humus-rich soil is essential. Thrives best in full sun. Planting time: April planting depth 6 ins. Spacing 18 ins. Height 24 - 36 ins. Propagation: Divide clumps in late summer.
Reply:Keep it watered on a weekly basis

Rubber Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment