Friday, January 6, 2012

I have a peace lily - the stalk on my flower has broken if I put it in water will it begin to grow roots ?

No, it will not.

Lilys cannot be progagated that way.

They grow from bulbs.

Eventually more will grow from the bulb, so don't throw the pot away.



In case you don't know what a bulb is:

A storage organ, usually formed below ground level, used for propagation. A true bulb consists of fleshy scales surrounding the central bud, but the term is often loosely applied to corms, rhizomes and tubers.

www.boldweb.com/greenweb/glossary.htm



an underground storage organ made up of enlarged and fleshy leaf bases and a bud.

www.homesteadharvest.com/glossaryad.ht...

I have a peace lily - the stalk on my flower has broken if I put it in water will it begin to grow roots ?
I think you are talking about a spathaphallum or flag plant but if the stem is broken it won"t root It doesnt have any rooting sites on the stemusally at a leaf joint


No comments:

Post a Comment