Monday, January 23, 2012

Does anyone know anything about the Dracunculus vulgaris aka Dragon Lily?

I planted two of the bulbs last fall. The catalog I purchased them from showed a photo of a plant with a beautiful deep burgundy flower. So far, I just have one beautiful plant. No flower. The other withered and died. I have treated them with Plant food. And my garden gets watered regularly. Can anyone help before I have 2 dead plants? I live in Ohio, If that helps.

Does anyone know anything about the Dracunculus vulgaris aka Dragon Lily?
I raise these plants. They do not flower for the first few years most of the time. Maybe you are over-watering them. ??? Anyway, some bulbs make it and some don't. They are worth the wait when they do! I live in Michigan-and grow them outside. Warmer weather helps a lot-which we aren't getting much of this year.
Reply:I have this plant in my garden in South Yorkshire, England: planted in 2004. It is about 4 ft tall this year, flower smells awful and attracts flies. I do not feed regularly, just once in the spring and I never water because it prefers dry conditions in full sun. Report It


No comments:

Post a Comment