Sunday, January 8, 2012

How can I save a peace lily?

My roommate left behind a War (beta fish) %26amp; Peace (peace lily) plant thing when she moved out this summer. When I returned for fall semester the water in the vase was extremely low and the leaves were browning. I have since cut off the dead leaves, put clean water in, and cleaned the dead roots. The plant is still in the 'water vase' and still has green leave (but not many). I am afraid I am going to kill this poor plant. What can I do to save it? Would potting it cause damage since it's use to being submerged? If potting it is what I need to do, what exactly do I need to do to give this poor guy a health second chance? Can it survive in the water vase with a new beta? I keep finding conflicting info on this War %26amp; Peace decors.

How can I save a peace lily?
Sounds like the war ended? If the fish is out of the vase give the lilly a weak solution of fertilizer or pot it and water with weak fertilizer. 1/4 teaspoon miracle gro to 1 gallon of water = weal solution. Or add a new fish.



It's a symbiotic relationship: fish eats algae that grows on plant, fish feces fertilize the plant. good luck.
Reply:You might watch it for a few days to see it there is any new growth I have done the same to my daughters lily and it always seems to come back-good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment