Sunday, January 8, 2012

What's the best way to fertilize hardy water lilies in Sacramento without promoting algae growth in the pond?

Lilies don't need much- when they're dormant, you can pull them up and divide, re-pot and fertilize then.



I wouldn't add anything to the water... chances are, the lilies will get what they need from the water, especially if you have fish in there.

What's the best way to fertilize hardy water lilies in Sacramento without promoting algae growth in the pond?
How do I fertilize my hardy water lilies? My water lilies are over 20 years old. Every year I put several inches of rotted cow manure in the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket and put the water lilies on top of the cow manure. If I'm dividing the water lilies, I use a 2- or 3-gallon bucket.



It's worked so far!
Reply:Use the pills. I use Planttabs that I get at Lowe's. Every two or three weeks, I go wading in, cut off the dead leaves and flowers, and shove a couple of the tablets down into the lily dirt. They work great.

flowers and gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment