Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Will my Stargazer Lily spring back to life?

First, let me start off by stating that I have a black thumb. LOL My boyfriend and children gave me a Stargazer Lily for Mother's Day. I kept it inside and watered it every day. It flowered fully after about 1 week. After that, the petals started to fall off and the leaves wilted. Now, there are no flowers on the plant and all the leaves are turned downward. Should I throw it away or can I get it spring back?

Will my Stargazer Lily spring back to life?
Hi, your lily can be planted outside. It is a bulb.

You want to plant it outside in good soil, amended with compost. The bulb should be 8-10" below the surface. I am not sure of where you live, but generally, plant it, water it, mark where it is....it may come back next spring.



Sometimes these bulbs "burn out' when they are forced in greenhouses to sell as gifts. But you may get lucky. It isn't intended to grow in a house as a plant, but can be grown in a greenhouse, or outdoors.
Reply:Dont throw it away, it sounds like you were overwatering.

The star gazer has a bulb ,so as long as that bulb is ok, it will come back..dont over water. I doubt though that it will bloom again this year..


No comments:

Post a Comment