Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm supposed to have at least 3 people make up imaginative origin storypoems and compare them to the one I....

wrote. You're supposed to choose one of these to write about:

dew, frost, fog, thunder, lightning, rainbow, daisy, sunflower, poison ivy, tulip, bittersweet, water lily, turqoise, pearl, emerald, ruby, gold, silver, a blue jay's squawk, a horse's mane, a rabbit's ears, an owl's hoot, a raccoon's mask, or a fawn's spots.



It can also include fairies, gnomes, elves, spririts, sprites, angels ect. but only one of those groups.



In the poem I have to tell what the thing I chose above was originally, where and when this was, and what happened to change it into what it is now. I need at least 3 to compare with mine.

I'm supposed to have at least 3 people make up imaginative origin storypoems and compare them to the one I....
- - - - - - MY HORSE'S MANE - - - - - -



I bought my horse from a rundown farm

Whose owner was drunk an' couldn't give a darn.

And as I gazed at her standing there in the shade

There was not a chance of killing the deal that I made.

She was a Walker, and simply massive in size

And she checked me out with her big black eyes.

I think it was fate brought this Walking Horse to me

And when I discovered her training I laughed in glee.

She could amble, or stroll, and surely could walk

And I swear sometimes she even could talk.

When I entered her field, she'd winnee with pride

I'd leap on her back, and away we'd ride

A man and his horse, no better bond than that.

My horse was called Beau, and her mane was Black.



Zahbudar Oct. 26, 2006

True Story...my Poem
Reply:If you're desperate for a third poem, here's one for you. It's a story that tells the origin of a specific flower, the hyacinth. I know it's not one that you've been given as a choice, but if you're desperate for another poem, maybe you could use it...:



http://thestarlitecafe.com/poems/82/poem...


No comments:

Post a Comment